What do trendy tastemakers, magazine publishers and traditional television networks have in common? They all need to become platform agnostic and transcend their roots to cross into new and uncharted territory. While Daily Candy is transforming from an aggregator into an original content generator with high aspirations, Condé Nast has long provided filmmakers with material for first-rate adaptations. HBO and Bravo on the other hand started out as TV’s innovators on cross platform extensions and quickly left their TV roots behind for HBOgo and Bravo-online. What does it take to succeed in a world increasingly defined by the content produced and less by the means audiences discover it and what can indie creators learn from these trendsetters?
Moderator: Paul Kontonis, Chairman, International Academy of Web Television
- Alexa Wilson, VP of Marketing, DailyCandy
- Brian Fountain, Principal, Mister Face
- Gary Delfiner, Chief Digital Officer, Float Left Interactive
- Mahyad Tousi, CEO & Co-Founder, BoomGen Studios
- Suejin Yang, VP Digital Media, Bravo